photo Amazon_zpsli3iz9z7.png
Do you shop at or know someone who does? Click on the link below, or any Amazon link in this blog, to help us earn Amazon Credit in order to buy therapy equipment! Anything you order off Amazon counts! Please bookmark Madi, Ramya and Deena's link and pass it on... every order helps!

Sunday, September 16, 2012

And we have seizure 3

Friday did not turn out quite how I had imagined.  Madi was randomly awake from about 12:30 until about 1:30 am, then awoke at 7:10ish dry-heaving/seizing.  This seizure was different from the other two and it took me a while to realize what was going on.  After dry-heaving, Madi fell asleep.  She awoke, though, and was responding, but was slow to respond.  Then her eyes started blinking a lot and I knew for sure (well, at least I think I do ;)) that it was a seizure.  I gave her the rescue medicine I have for her, since her seizures are long and complex, and she quickly fell asleep.  When she awoke, she was back to her normal self. 

I've already talked with the nurse at the neurologist office, the pediatrician, and our naturopathic doctor, and missed a call from the neurologist (darn that terrible phone reception!!  Time to get a new cell phone carrier!!).  I am also waiting for a call back from the neurosurgeon.  Thankfully, though, this seizure did not bring any paralysis and did not land us in the hospital, nor did it necessitate a 911 call.  I am just really bummed that it came at just 2 1/2 weeks after her last one, and while she is on her daily seizure medication. 

Seizures aren't fun, that's for sure. I find myself stressing about when the next one will be and being afraid to let her out of my sight for any length of time. If she is slow to respond, because she's tired and spaced out, or she's dreaming and twitching in her dream, I fear the worst. What also makes it hard is that each of her 3 seizures have been quite different.  David and I finally got out for a date night to the movies, but we couldn't get cell phone reception and couldn't relax without it, so we had to walk out and get a refund.  We ended up going out to dinner and it was still nice to be out together, but it's hard to be worrying so much. 

For the last few days I've had the Beatles song that says "Life Goes On" running through my head.  Though this onset of seizures is hard on mommas heart,  I know that God is in control and has a plan. We choose not to sit at home, but to be out and active, to continue our daily activities, and to try and live our life to the fullest.  We will learn to adapt and handle our new changes in life and not let them keep us from enjoying our time together.  Life goes on, and for that I am so grateful. 

I am praying we can get her seizures under control so that she can go back to being seizure-free. Please be praying with us.  Please also pray for wisdom for us and for the doctors as we learn how to best how to control Madi's seizures.

1 comment:

ainemc said...

im sorry to hear she's had another seizure. really hope the doctors find a way to control them!!